May was a month of two parts for me. At the beginning and end of the month, I flew intensely - but that'll be covered in my next post. In the middle of the month, my girlfriend visited me, and we went and did some of the touristy things I'd missed out before. In the six days we had to spend together we:
- Did (most of) the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Visited Taupo, and had a go on the Huka Falls Jet
- Had a look at some of the steam vents in Rotorua and went to a Maori Hangi dinner
- Sat in the spa at Te Aroha and laughed at the pitifully small Mokena Geyser
- Pottered around Hamilton Gardens - I've covered this before though.
She also had a look at the Hobbiton movie set but I was busy
flying being cancelled due to huge amounts of rain.
Obviously it was lovely to see my girlfriend after a couple of months - in many ways I'm very sad to not be heading back to see her before October or so!